Good morning, guys, and happy Tuesday! I hope you all had an amazing weekend and used your time wisely or you were at Coachella living your life to the fullest! If you hadn’t already noticed; SPRING IS IN THE AIR, which means that summer is just around the corner. Now last year, I received a lot of emails asking how I’ve spent my summer over the past couple of years. So without further ado, I give you the top 5 things to do over a summer break.
- FIND A SUMMER JOB.
- I’ve always been that person to work over my summers. I love the extra income and being able to pay things for myself. I had a lot of friends in high school who just chose to spend their summers by the pool, and I just never found sitting around satisfying. Being a young adult, it’s relatively easy to find a summer job. Great places to work after school and over the summer are your local YMCA or Boys and Girls Club. Retail is another great place to work because their opportunities for promotions are relatively higher.
- The invention of the automobile and airplane are to me the best things man has ever offered. Bless the souls of those who contributed to their creation. Traveling is probably what I suggest the least to do though only because it can be expensive. I’ve only recently started to dip my toes into traveling and I’ve made it a goal to travel somewhere foreign at least once a year (this year my eyes are set on Costa Rica).
- SUMMER INTERNSHIPS.
- Summer internships are amazing and there are so many that are just waiting to be scooped up by someone who is passionate about their work. I know a lot of them aren’t paid, but the connections you make and the people you meet make it worth the lack of income. Websites such as InternMatch and Internship Programs are both great resources in finding an internship that meets your interest and is also in your area.
- VOLUNTEERING IN YOUR COMMUNITY.
- As most of you know I am huge on giving back to my community. If it weren’t for the community I would not have gotten as far as I have today. Donating you time makes a huge impact in the world. You can always get information at your local community center. You can also go to your local hospitals, retirement homes, YMCA, and Boys and Girl club.
- TAKE A SUMMER COURSE.
- What’s been drilled into our heads since kindergarten? School is the key to success, so why not take a summer course? Find that class you’ve always wanted to take, but never had time to fit in your schedule. Always make that summer class enjoyable because they tend to be a bit overwhelming due to the fact that you’re there for four days out of the week. I highly recommend not taking a class you feel you struggle in. I guarantee you that you’ll set yourself up for success by taking an art class or that creative writing course instead of taking a math or reading class. On top of that you’ll boost your esteem by receiving a strong mark.
There you have it! Five things to do this summer break! I know this post is short, but this week is filled with excitement and loss. I have to attend the funeral for our close family friend and I am in the process of beginning my own daycare. Wish me luck! I’ll need all the good luck I can get.
Thanks as always,